This is our recently completed project: the photographs show views of a 1926 Pullman built private car that is being totally renewed for modern use. This is a working track inspection car, not an executive or official’s private car. We’re proud to be setting a high standard for a car of this type.
- Outside swing hanger six wheel trucks from the 1950’s have been totally rebuilt with renewed trammed frames, new springs, axles, bearings, bearing boxes, wheelsets, and more.
- Full Head End Power, along with 80 KW Generator, and 240 Volt wayside power offer choices in electricity feeding the on board UPS (uninterrupted power supply) for flawless computer operation.
- New 300 gallon diesel fuel tank, 300 gallon stainless steel water tanks, and Waste Digestion systems provide for significantly extended totally self-contained operation.
- State of the art plumbing conserves water through the use of a waterless urinal and high-pressure macerator jet assisted commode. Water meters report consumption to an operator’s station. All water pipes have freeze protection with electric heat traces and burst proof piping.
- The car interior is generously appointed with cherry woodwork through out, some of which makes for an attractive compliment to the all stainless steel kitchen and handsome observation lounge, as shown in our photos.